Main areas of activity
Pacocha Legal Recruitment is a firm specialising in comprehensive personnel consulting for law firms, consulting companies, as well as companies from various sectors.
The company’s main focus is legal recruitment. I recruit for all legal positions, from junior associate to partner. I also support clients who are searching for in-house lawyers. Thanks to to my previous work as a lawyer, I know the specifics of the legal services market. In my daily business I draw upon the expertise of a strong network of contacts.
HOW I WORK
I start working on the project by obtaining all of the necessary information from the client. In the case of difficulties, I advise on how to create a description of the lawyer’s profile and how to fit the new position in the structure of the existing team.
Unlike many headhunters, I meet with the candidates in person. Even the best telephone conversation cannot replace a face-to-face meeting. During the meeting we discuss in detail the candidate’s expectations, job profile, as well as the further course of the recruitment process. It is also possible to conduct an online interview.
I do not send the client a folder of accidental CVs. Typically I present between 3 and 5 profiles of candidates, who are the best fit for a given position.
Next I arrange the client-candidate meetings. After each meeting, I collect feedback from both sides. On behalf of the client, I submit an offer to the chosen candidate and coordinate the signing of the contract. Upon completion of the process I provide the other candidates with relevant feedback.
As there are no identical recruitment processes, an individual approach is of key importance. The specifics of recruiting an advocate or legal advisor for a large M&A practice of an international law firm are completely different from recruiting of an energy lawyer for a boutique Polish law firm.
- Partner – M&A
- Counsel – Co-Head of a Real Estate Practice
- Senior Associate, Associate, Junior Associate – Real Estate
- Senior Associate – Corporate Law
- Of Counsel – IP/TMT
- Senior Associate, Associate, Junior Associate – M&A
- Senior Associate, Associate, Junior Associate – Banking & Finance
- Associate – M&A Tax
- Associate – Tax, CIT, and VAT
- Associate – Real Estate and Litigation
- Associate, Junior Associate – Energy Law
- Associate – Labour Law
- Junior Associate – Real Estate and Energy Sector Transactions
- Junior Associate – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Junior Associate – Commercial Lease
- Lawyer – Data Protection, GDPR
- Compliance Officer
- Head of Legal – Property Developer
- In-House Lawyer – Construction Company
- Marketing & PR Manager – Tax/Legal
METHODS OF SOURCING CANDIDATES
- Direct search
- Recommendations from my contacts in the legal services market
- Recommendations from my candidates from previous recruitment processes
- Publication of offers (LinkedIn, Pracuj.pl, my website – Polish language version)
I support my clients in developing a long-term development strategy and organising their corporate structure.
I observe the increase in the scale and scope of my clients’ businesses with great satisfaction. Organisational development results in the necessity to adjust the way of operation to new conditions. I support my clients in meeting these challenges. Depending on the client’s needs and situation, rendered business advisory services result in:
- the development of a long-term business stategy
- organising the corporate structure
- streamlining the flow of information and documents
- the improvement of communication, both inside and outside of the organisation
A thorough examination of the client’s needs enables me to propose effective solutions that take into account the realities of a particular business.
More and more lawyers decide to have an individual consultation on planning and building a professional career. The three most common scenarios I encounter when working one-on-one with a client are:
- the need to develop a plan which enables the lawyer to achieve a particular goal (promotion, change of an originally chosen practice)
- choosing the best option from several available (transition from a law firm to an in-house position and vice versa, continuing one’s career abroad, undertaking LL.M. studies, etc.)
- overcoming any professional difficulties (job loss, interruptions in employment)
Each situation requires a personalised approach. I prefer face-to-face meetings, it is also possible to conduct an online consultation.
IN THE COURSE OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATION I
- help the lawyer to identify strengths and areas of improvement
- support the lawyer id defining key motivators
- help in the professional preparation of application documents (CV, cover letter)
- provide consultations regarding specific job offers
- prepare the lawyer for interviews
- help the lawyer to relieve stress resulting from a career change
- provide reliable information on the legal services market and opportunities for further professional development
During the consultation I adopt methods used in career counselling and coaching.