What I Offer and How I Work
The company’s main focus is legal recruitment. I recruit for all legal positions, from junior associate to partner. I also support clients who search for in-house lawyers for their companies. Due to my previous work as a lawyer, I know the specifics of the legal services market. In my daily business I draw upon the expertise of a strong network of contacts.
Methods of Sourcing Candidates
- Direct search
- Recommendations from my contacts in the legal services market
- Recommendations from my candidates from previous recruitment processes
- Publication of offers
How I Work
I start working on the project by obtaining all of the necessary information from the client. In the case of difficulties, I advise on how to create a description of the lawyer’s profile and how to fit the new position in the structure of the existing team.
Unlike many headhunters, I meet with the candidates in person. Even the best telephone conversation cannot replace a face-to-face meeting. During the meeting we discuss in detail the candidate’s expectations, job profile, as well as the further course of the recruitment process. It is also possible to conduct an online interview.
I do not send the client a folder of accidental CVs. Typically I present between 2 and 5 profiles of candidates, who are the best fit for a given position.
Next I arrange the client-candidate meetings. After each meeting, I collect feedback from both sides. On behalf of the client, I submit an offer to the chosen candidate and coordinate the signing of the contract. Upon completion of the process I provide the other candidates with relevant feedback.
As there are no identical recruitment processes, an individual approach is of key importance. The specifics of recruiting an advocate or legal advisor for a large M&A practice of an international law firm are completely different from recruiting of an energy lawyer for a boutique Polish law firm.
- Partner – M&A
- Head of Legal – Property Developer
- Co-Head of a Real Estate Practice
- Senior Associate, Associate, Junior Associate – Real Estate
- Senior Associate, Associate, Junior Associate – M&A
- Senior Associate – Corporate Law
- Senior Associate, Of Counsel – IP/TMT
- Senior Associate, Associate, Junior Associate – Banking & Finance
- Associate – M&A Tax
- Associate – Tax, CIT and VAT
- Associate – Real Estate and Litigation
- Associate, Junior Associate – Energy Law
- In-House Lawyer – Construction Company
- Associate – Labour Law
- Junior Associate – Real Estate and Energy Sector Transactions
- Junior Associate – Restructuring & Insolvency
- Junior Associate – Commercial Lease
- Junior Lawyer – Property Developer
- Lawyer – Data Protection, GDPR
- Compliance Officer
- Marketing & PR Manager – Tax/Legal
HR Consulting Services
I observe the increase in the scale and scope of my clients’ businesses with great satisfaction. Organisational development results in the necessity to adjust the way of operation to new conditions. I support my clients in meeting these challenges. Pacocha Legal Recruitment services include:
- preparation of legal salary guides for law firms, with an overview of current trends
- advisory on salary scales
- support in developing a long-term business strategy for a specific practice and/or business
- advice on expanding existing practices and creating new ones
- providing help in organising the team
A thorough examination of the client’s needs enables me to propose effective solutions that take into account the realities of a particular business.
Clients are increasingly asking me for lawyer salary reports. I prepare such reports based on my knowledge of the legal sector and numerous conversations with lawyers.
A report consists of tables presenting salary ranges within selected specialisations, along with an overview of the current market trends.
Typically, data on remuneration is grouped in accordance with four criteria:
- law firms’ sizes
- their character (local or international)
- specialisations (e.g. Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, Banking & Finance, Energy, Litigation & Arbitration, Intellectual Property & New Technologies Law)
- seniority levels
Of course, the report does not contain the names of any law firms.
Additional information on the report:
- the salary ranges are provided on the basis of B2B contracts
- the report may encompass one, a few, or a wide range of specialisations
- the report contains an explanation of the differences in the nomenclature of seniority levels in the legal services market in Poland
More and more lawyers decide to have an individual consultation on planning and building a professional career. The most common topics include:
- promotion to a higher position at the current company
- job changes, including transition from a law firm to an in-house position and vice versa
- determining one’s financial expectations
- change of an originally chosen practice
- continuing one’s career abroad
- PhD and postgraduate studies (including LL.M.)
- overcoming any professional difficulties, such as job loss or interruptions in employment
Each situation requires a personalised approach. I prefer face-to-face meetings. It is also possible to conduct an online consultation.
In the course of an individual consultation I:
- help the lawyer to identify strengths and areas of improvement
- support the lawyer in defining key motivators
- help in the professional preparation of application documents (CV, cover letter)
- provide consultations regarding specific job offers
- prepare the lawyer for interviews
- help the lawyer to relieve stress resulting from a career change
- provide reliable information on the legal services market and opportunities for further professional development
During the consultation I adopt methods used in career counselling and coaching.